LOVE

LOVE
Cutest little boogers ever!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

We Have our Human Rights

Hey y'all,

I actually just got back from a class at 2:20pm and I was deeply moved by today's class session. This class is called The African American Church and the Civil Rights. This class is basically the study of the black church and how they have coexist with the Civil Rights movement. First of all, this is just a disclaimer, of course, I am not an African American person so I hope I don't offend anyone by talking about the Civil Rights movement and the pain of an African American person. I feel that because I am also colored minority in the U.S., I too have experience pain from the discrimination of others. My point is that I am passionate about people and the humanity of people. I believe that we are all born to be equal and that we are all brothers and sisters and the eye of the Lord. We are all beautiful people.

Today for class we had a guest speaker who was a former civil rights activist who have done a lot for basic human rights. His name is Charles Joan and he's 74 years old. From the way he carried himself to the way the spoke you can see, hear, and feel his heart. He basically told the class about his story of how he got into the movement, but every now and then he would dance and sing a hymn, and wow, you can see Jesus in him. As he sang, "this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine..." you can hear the pain in his voice, but yet you also heard joy, and if you were in the room you knew it was joy from the Lord.

The African-American folks have gone through a lot from slavery, lynching, underground railroads, separate but equal, bus boycott, freedom rides, freedom marches, sit-ins, hate and violent abuses. They have come a long way, but that does not mean everything is done and there is no more civil rights. Civil rights does not just mean our fellow black brothers and sisters, but it means everyone, even if your Hispanic, Asians, or Pacific Islanders, we all should help each other and stand for equal rights. Freedom does not discriminate your skin color, so it doesn't matter if your chocolate, caramel, peach, banana, or vanilla. We are all a apart of the human family. There is still racism here in the U.S.A. and prejudice stereotypes still plays a role in our everyday activities. We all should not live our life like everything is A-OK and there is nothing left to fight, but we should live your life asking ourselves, what more can I do? When you see a fellow brother or sister in pain, help them out.  Maya Angelou once said, "we are more alike, my friend, then we are different." I could not have said it any better.

For my fellow brothers and sisters who loves God, lets remember that if we claim that we love God then we must remember that we have to love HIS people too. I know that there may be times when others will hurt you and ostracize you,but the Lord will never forsake you and he will never put you in a position where He knew you couldn't  handle it. Amen? Amen.

Have a Blessed Day.
Until then,
Norma-Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment